LOCATION: YMCA North Tyneside, primarily North Shields
JOB TYPE: Maternity Cover, 12-Month Fixed-term
WORKING HOURS: Part Time – 20hrs (inc. flexible working, occasional evenings, weekends or bank holidays)
SALARY: £13.50 per hour (& Benefits)
CLOSING DATE: 11th April 2021
QUESTIONS: Please email email@example.com
About YMCA North Tyneside
Located 20 minutes by Metro from Newcastle, YMCA North Tyneside, based in North Shields, is a Voluntary Sector Organisation undertaking youth and community programme work in areas of North Tyneside, South Tyneside, and Teesdale. We are part of the worldwide YMCA movement, which started in London in 1844 and now has grown to become the world’s largest and oldest youth movement. Now more 175 years later YMCA is operating in 119 countries, with 64 million people reached annually around the world.
About the Post
The successful candidate will oversee the management and leadership of all staff and volunteers and have overall responsibility for ensuring the housing services run smoothly, responds to the needs of the residents and the community and that their ways of working are aligned with the organisation’s Strategic Plan.
Reporting directly to the Head of Housing, teamwork is a vital part of this organisation which seeks to recognise and empower our staff and young people. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is a self starter and is not afraid of hard work.
Our mission is to create a community where everyone is healthy, happy and connected. We seek to champion those that have no voice and support those that need it most. Employing nearly 100 members of staff across various locations, we are ambitious, vibrant and visionary.
If you have experience of supporting housing management, successfully leading a team and an in depth understanding of safeguarding with a passion to make a real difference to the lives of others in a warm and welcoming team, we’d like to hear from you.
The post holder will be responsible for leading and managing the provision of a high quality housing service in accordance with YMCA North Tyneside policies, practices and quality standards. They will oversee management and leadership of all staff and volunteers and have overall responsibility for ensuring the services respond to the needs of the residents and community.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee induction, management and leadership of all staff and volunteers including the direct line management of the Senior Support Worker and Project Lead
- Overall responsibility for the Housing Project, Staff, Volunteers and Residents with an overriding goal to ensure that all thrive
- Overall responsibility for operational financial management of Housing including management of housing benefit, rent contributions, service charge payments, additional hours scheme and general operational expenditure
- Develop and lead effective and efficient forward thinking services that responds to the needs of the residents
- To ensure effective line management, recruitment, appraisals and development of staff is undertaken
- Overall responsibility for liaising with and implementing compliance requirements and audits and assessments whether they be from Local Authorities, Commissioned
Services, Grant Funded Projects, Homes and Communities Agencies, YMCA England and Wales or any other
- To oversee all risk based decisions such as referrals, warnings and evictions and daily operation project dynamics
- To effectively manage income based decisions with risk based evaluation, staff capacity and referrer relationships
- To liaise with the Head of Housing to ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and working effectively
- To ensure all staff are following all policies and procedures and project risk assessments
- To be the lead person in Housing responsible for Health & Safety. To liaise with the Head of BIS and external H&S agencies, ensuring that risk assessments are carried out on a regular basis for all areas that staff and young people and all activities which may be taken part in and ensure that the implementation of H&S regulations are in place.
- To review IONAs in line with incidents and ensure all reasonable measures are in place to prevent future incidents.
- To view eviction as a last resort and support the staff team and young people to maintain their accommodation and abide by house rules
- To develop and expand referral streams and develop positive relationships with external professionals and potential new referrers
- To attend and lead where required more complex Care Team / Safeguarding / Looked After Child review meetings with young people and their care teams
- Manage and oversee an effective 24/7 Staff Rota that is in line with Business Needs
- To strongly commit to uphold the organisation’s policy on Safeguarding Children, Young People & Vulnerable adults, and have a desire to want to work with the above and make a difference to their lives
- To ensure a positive, outcome based environment where residents lives change for the better and lead by example where de-escalation is necessary to ensure a positive and firm reinforcement of boundaries where challenging behaviours exists
- Responsible for upholding and implementing legal compliance in all Housing matters
- To undertake ongoing assessment to ensure maximum operational efficiency
- Maintain up to date knowledge on changes in legislation, national and local trends and initiatives in order to ensure the service meets the needs of any changes and best practice
- To look for opportunities to advocate for homeless young people and the YMCA in general
Other jobs at YMCA North Tyneside
WORKING HOURS: The hours of work are as detailed on the Support Worker Rota. Please note, the post holders must be able to work flexibly depending on the needs of the business and must be available for occasional overtime (inc, flexible working, regular evenings,...
LOCATION: YMCA North Tyneside, Patterdale, The Estate WORKING HOURS: 15 hours per week. The post holders must be able to work flexibly depending on the needs of the business and must be available for occasional overtime (inc, flexible working, regular evenings,...
LOCATION: YMCA North Tyneside, Patterdale, The Estate WORKING HOURS: 22.5 (regular flexibility required and regular evenings, weekends and bank holidays) JOB TYPE: Permanent/ Part-Time SALARY: £11.56 (& Benefits) CLOSING DATE: 13th April 2021 INTERVIEW PROCESS:...
WORKING HOURS: 20 hours per week (including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays) SALARY: £10.50 per hour CLOSING DATE: Friday 10th of April INTERVIEWS: If you are successful interviews will be held in April. Who are we? YMCA North Tyneside is a Voluntary Sector...
WORKING HOURS: FULL TIME - 37.5 (inc. flexible working, occasional evenings, weekends or bank holidays) SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000 P.A. (& Benefits) CLOSING DATE: 4th April 2021 QUESTIONS: Please email firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout YMCA North Tyneside Located 20...
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 (inc. occasional evenings) SALARY: Subject to Age in line with National Minimum Wage QUESTIONS: Please email email@example.com About YMCA North Tyneside YMCA North Tyneside is a Voluntary Sector Organisation undertaking youth and...
WORKING HOURS: The hours will be as and when needed;Shift patterns tend to be 7.45am to 3.45pm / 12.15pm to 8.15pm / 4pm to 12am Monday to Sunday. Bank staff may be required to lone work at times SALARY: Up to £9.00 per hour QUESTIONS: Please email...
WORKING HOURS: The hours will be as and when needed between 8am and 8pm Monday-Friday. Bank staff will be required to work in all rooms when needed. Post includes lone working. SALARY: Up to £9.00 per hour QUESTIONS: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org About YMCA...
WORKING HOURS: The hours will be as and when needed between 8am and 6pm Monday-Friday. Bank staff will be required to work in all rooms when needed. SALARY: Up to £8.30 per hour QUESTIONS: Please email email@example.com About YMCA North Tyneside Located 20...
Why work for YMCA North Tyneside?
Subject to age and in line with National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage
Employer Assistance Programme
Access to Employer Assistance Programme (suite of legal and health information)
Access to 24hr GP Helpline
10% Discount at YMCA Café
25% Discount on Fees at YMCA Day Nursery
Centrally located in the heart of North Shields
A nurturing environment where staff are encouraged to learn and grow as individuals
Making a Difference
Be a part of an established organisation that helps transform the lives of young people
Staff discount on short breaks in the Lake District at Patterdale Hall Estate
If you think you have what it takes to effectively support the vision, objectives, and priorities of the organisation then we want to hear from you!