WORKING HOURS: The hours will be as and when needed between 8am and 6pm Monday-Friday. Bank staff will be required to work in all rooms when needed.
SALARY: Up to £9.41 per hour
QUESTIONS: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About YMCA North Tyneside
Located 20 minutes by Metro from Newcastle, YMCA North Tyneside, based in North Shields, is a Voluntary Sector Organisation undertaking youth and community programme work in areas of North Tyneside, South Tyneside, and Teesdale. We are part of the worldwide YMCA movement, which started in London in 1844 and now has grown to become the world’s largest and oldest youth movement. Now more 175 years later YMCA is operating in 119 countries, with 64 million people reached annually around the world.
Job Purpose & Description
To work with young people in a housing support role, with a particular focus being on independent living skills. The development of the life skills will enable positive change that helps the young people in their future housing needs.
Overview of Duties / Responsibilities
- To work under the direction of the Senior Housing Support Worker to ensure the
smooth day to day running of the accommodation
- To work with young people in a housing support role, focusing on teaching independent living skills to young people
- To ensure Safeguarding is carried out effectively and efficiently, as per Safeguarding Policy and Procedure
- To communicate effectively and professionally with young people
- To build and sustain strong, supportive relationships with young people
- To enforce House Rules
- To prepare for voids in the accommodation
- To empower young people to move to independent living by learning and developing good independent living skills and achieving set goals
- To motivate and encourage young people to engage and succeed in the Training and
Education programmers available to them
- To work with resistance, understand young people’s personal obstacles and support young them to overcome barriers and achieve goals
- To communicate effectively and professionally with management and external agencies such as Newcastle City Council Children’s Services, Adult Services, Housing, Youth Offending Team, Community Rehabilitation Company, Probation Services, Mental Health Services, Substance Use Services, Job Centre, CAB and other Statutory, Community and Voluntary agencies
- Following and abiding by all policies and procedures (including Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Lone Working, Recording, Reporting of repairs, Professional Boundaries)
- To hold keywork sessions with young people, identifying their support needs and developing support plans
- To focus on achieving meaningful use of time through gaining employment or training or accessing education
- To work with young people in addressing issues such as, substance misuse, debt issues, offending behaviour, anti-social behaviour
- To work to maximize the income of the young people
- To monitor and manage any rent or service charge collection
- To develop effective links with appropriate organisations and agencies (both voluntary and statutory) who would help support the young person on their journey to employment, education or training
Other jobs at YMCA North Tyneside
WORKING HOURS: To be discussed SALARY: To be discussed CLOSING DATE: 12 noon 17th January 2020 INTERVIEWS: If you are successful interviews will be held at the end of January 2019 About YMCA North Tyneside YMCA North Tyneside is a Voluntary Sector Organisation...
WORKING HOURS: The hours will be as and when needed between 8am and 6pm Monday-Friday. Bank staff will be required to work in all rooms when needed. SALARY: Up to £8.30 per hour QUESTIONS: Please email email@example.com About YMCA North Tyneside Located 20...
Why work for YMCA North Tyneside?
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS FOR OUR BANK STAFF
subject to age in line with national living wage
Employer Assistance Programme
Access to Employer Assistance Programme (suite of legal and health information)
Access to 24hr GP Helpline
20% Discount at YMCA Café
10% Discount on Fees at YMCA Day Nursery
Centrally located in the heart of North Shields
A nurturing environment where staff are encouraged to learn and grow as individuals
Making a Difference
Be a part of an established organisation that helps transform the lives of young people
Staff discount on short breaks in the Lake District at Patterdale Hall Estate
If you think you have what it takes to effectively support the vision, objectives, and priorities of the organisation then we want to hear from you!