WORKING HOURS: The hours will be as and when needed between 8am and 8pm Monday-Friday. Bank staff will be required to work in all rooms when needed. Post includes lone working.
SALARY: Up to £9.00 per hour
QUESTIONS: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About YMCA North Tyneside
Located 20 minutes by Metro from Newcastle, YMCA North Tyneside, based in North Shields, is a Voluntary Sector Organisation undertaking youth and community programme work in areas of North Tyneside, South Tyneside, and Teesdale. We are part of the worldwide YMCA movement, which started in London in 1844 and now has grown to become the world’s largest and oldest youth movement. Now more 175 years later YMCA is operating in 119 countries, with 64 million people reached annually around the world.
Job Purpose & Description
To work with young people in a housing support role, with a particular focus being on independent living skills. The development of the life skills will enable positive change that helps the young people in their future housing needs.
Overview of Duties / Responsibilities
- To work under the direction of the Senior Housing Support Worker to ensure effective security of the building and appropriate support is delivered to young people overnight
- To ensure Safeguarding is carried out effectively and efficiently, as per Safeguarding Policy and Procedure
- To communicate effectively and professionally with young people, maintaining strong professional boundaries
- To build and sustain strong, supportive relationships with young people
- To enforce House Rules
- To prepare for voids in the accommodation
- To motivate and encourage young people to engage and succeed
- To work with resistance, understand young people’s personal obstacles and support young them to overcome barriers and achieve goals
- To communicate effectively and professionally with management and external agencies as required including Out Of Hours Teams at Children and Adult Services, Mental Health Services and other relevant Statutory, Community and Voluntary agencie.s
- Following and abiding by all policies and procedures (including Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Lone Working, Recording, Reporting of repairs, Professional Boundaries)
- To manage visitors to the project in line with the Visitor Policy and Procedure
- To support young people to stay safe overnight, seeking advice and guidance from Out Of Hours Teams at Children and Adult Services, Mental Health Services as appropriate and reporting emergencies as required to emergency services and emergency on-call management
- To monitor and manage any rent, service charges and other cash payments
- To effectively use IT, communicating via email and recording and reporting interactions, support and evening events via computer-based recording system Inform
- To carry out regular night cleaning duties as per the evening task list
- To support young people to abide by house rules, maintain their accommodation and view eviction as a last resort
- To have a compassionate, supportive attitude towards young people with complex needs
- To work in non-judgemental, anti-oppressive manner and be friendly and approachable
- To have a positive and can-do attitude, using initiative to complete necessary tasks without requiring specific instruction (such as completing outstanding actions left by the team).
Other jobs at YMCA North Tyneside
WORKING HOURS: The hours of work are as detailed on the Support Worker Rota. Please note, the post holders must be able to work flexibly depending on the needs of the business and must be available for occasional overtime (inc, flexible working, regular evenings,...
LOCATION: YMCA North Tyneside, Patterdale, The Estate WORKING HOURS: 15 hours per week. The post holders must be able to work flexibly depending on the needs of the business and must be available for occasional overtime (inc, flexible working, regular evenings,...
LOCATION: YMCA North Tyneside, Patterdale, The Estate WORKING HOURS: 22.5 (regular flexibility required and regular evenings, weekends and bank holidays) JOB TYPE: Permanent/ Part-Time SALARY: £11.56 (& Benefits) CLOSING DATE: 13th April 2021 INTERVIEW PROCESS:...
WORKING HOURS: 20 hours per week (including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays) SALARY: £10.50 per hour CLOSING DATE: Friday 10th of April INTERVIEWS: If you are successful interviews will be held in April. Who are we? YMCA North Tyneside is a Voluntary Sector...
LOCATION: YMCA North Tyneside, primarily North Shields JOB TYPE: Maternity Cover, 12-Month Fixed-term WORKING HOURS: Part Time - 20hrs (inc. flexible working, occasional evenings, weekends or bank holidays) SALARY: £13.50 per hour (& Benefits) CLOSING DATE: 11th...
WORKING HOURS: FULL TIME - 37.5 (inc. flexible working, occasional evenings, weekends or bank holidays) SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000 P.A. (& Benefits) CLOSING DATE: 4th April 2021 QUESTIONS: Please email email@example.comAbout YMCA North Tyneside Located 20...
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 (inc. occasional evenings) SALARY: Subject to Age in line with National Minimum Wage QUESTIONS: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org About YMCA North Tyneside YMCA North Tyneside is a Voluntary Sector Organisation undertaking youth and...
WORKING HOURS: The hours will be as and when needed;Shift patterns tend to be 7.45am to 3.45pm / 12.15pm to 8.15pm / 4pm to 12am Monday to Sunday. Bank staff may be required to lone work at times SALARY: Up to £9.00 per hour QUESTIONS: Please email...
WORKING HOURS: The hours will be as and when needed between 8am and 6pm Monday-Friday. Bank staff will be required to work in all rooms when needed. SALARY: Up to £8.30 per hour QUESTIONS: Please email email@example.com About YMCA North Tyneside Located 20...
Why work for YMCA North Tyneside?
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS FOR OUR BANK STAFF
subject to age in line with national living wage
Employer Assistance Programme
Access to Employer Assistance Programme (suite of legal and health information)
Access to 24hr GP Helpline
20% Discount at YMCA Café
10% Discount on Fees at YMCA Day Nursery
Centrally located in the heart of North Shields
A nurturing environment where staff are encouraged to learn and grow as individuals
Making a Difference
Be a part of an established organisation that helps transform the lives of young people
Staff discount on short breaks in the Lake District at Patterdale Hall Estate
If you think you have what it takes to effectively support the vision, objectives, and priorities of the organisation then we want to hear from you!