About YMCA North Tyneside
Located 20 minutes by Metro from Newcastle, YMCA North Tyneside, based in North Shields, is a Voluntary Sector Organisation undertaking youth and community programme work in areas of North Tyneside, South Tyneside, and Teesdale. We are part of the worldwide YMCA movement, which started in London in 1844 and now has grown to become the world’s largest and oldest youth movement. Now more 175 years later YMCA is operating in 119 countries, with 64 million people reached annually around the world.
Job Purpose & Description
The successful candidate will be a dedicated Early Years Practitioner and must have a relevant Early Years qualification to a minimum of Level 3 and at least two years experience. They must also have at least one years experience of working with babies. Further training in working with babies is advantageous.
You must be enthusiastic, organised and be passionate about providing the best possible care and outcomes for all children. An up to date knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage is essential.
Overview of Duties / Responsibilities
- To provide a safe, welcoming, purposeful, stimulating and encouraging environment where children feel confident and secure and are able to develop and learn
- To understand the principles and content of the Early Years Foundation Stage and know how to put them into practice
- To work in partnership with parents / carers and other family members, to share information with them about their child’s well-being, development and learning in order to improve outcomes
- To join in the work of a multi-professional team and, where appropriate, coordinate and implement agreed programmes and interventions on a day-to-day basis
- To monitor and evaluate children’s learning through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies.
- Level 3 childcare qualification – NNEB, BTEC, NVQ, CACHE or similar
Other jobs at YMCA North Tyneside
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Why work for YMCA North Tyneside?
subject to age in line with national living wage
2 x annual salary
Group pension contribution scheme.
Employer Assistance Programme
Access to Employer Assistance Programme (suite of legal and health information)
Access to 24hr GP Helpline
Generous Holidays (5 weeks plus bank holidays)
Your birthday off if on a normal working day
20% Discount at YMCA Café
10% Discount on Fees at YMCA Day Nursery
Paid Volunteering Days
Centrally located in the heart of North Shields
A nurturing environment where staff are encouraged to learn and grow as individuals
Free membership to YMCA Gym for you and a family member
Making a Difference
Be a part of an established organisation that helps transform the lives of young people
Staff discount on short breaks in the Lake District at Patterdale Hall Estate
If you think you have what it takes to effectively support the vision, objectives, and priorities of the organisation then we want to hear from you!